Thursday, February 27, 2014

Doctor's Appointment

Today was my 1 month checkup. My mom was shocked that I am now 7 lbs. 13 oz...I would have been at least an 8 pounder if I was born on my due date! Everything checked out great, but Mom & Dad's concern about my jaundice was legitimate...my Billiruben levels were kind of high, so we are awaiting lab test results tomorrow to make sure nothing else needs to be done to get it down  (it could be just what they call "breastmilk jaundice"). Mom has been worried about this for 3 weeks but was told I should be in the clear...clearly Mothers know best and should trust their instincts! (Update: The lab results confirmed it's breastmilk jaundice...yay!).

Here I am on my way to the doctor...it was 31 degrees this morning, so I had to bundle up.


Here I am jumping for joy at the news that I gained weight:






After the doctor, we went to the grocery store. Exciting stuff! Mom got stopped by so many people who thought I was the cutest thing. (Naturally). Mom was thrilled I slept the entire time...My crying episode at the doctor sure wore me out! I slept for almost an hour when we got home too, so Mom got groceries unpacked, cleaned out the fridge, took out the trash, and did a load of laundry. (It's the simple things!)

This is me at the grocery store looking adorable:
 

So as you can tell, it was an exciting and eventful day. Happy 1 month to me!

1 comment:

Jane Lazenby ~ Artist said...

Happy 1 month old Leif!! what an exciting month it has been since you got here with us. So proud of you gaining that weight, almost like a newborn size now, and not quite as delicate to hold! I love reading about your life here on your very own blog. You have a special Mommie to be keeping up so good with your daily activities... Looking forward to watching you grow on here, one step at a time. this Grammie Loves you very much!!!